Search This Blog

Friday, March 2, 2012

Writing Center


So, we finished our first center, the writing center, and it has been a huge success! Even better than I could have imagined! It was kind of improptu and I haven't really even finished it. But here is a picture of it. The first day, I introduced it to Punkin after her nap. She decided to get to work immediately and stayed there for about an hour before coming up to eat her snack quickly, then run back to it! The next morning, the very first thing she did in the morning was run to her writing center. Today is the third day and, so far, she's been at the writing center for two and a half hours! The second day, she ran to the kitchen and said, "Mom, look!" It was her full name, which she'd written by herself without me telling her the letters or what they look like. The e's were upside down (think 6's), but today, she did it again by herself with the e's right side up. Also found- this paper with the ABC's up to F, a page with her name in stickers, paper "computers" (folded paper, basically), "telescopes" (rolled paper with tape), and "binoculars" (paper rolled up on each side and taped). Can I just say that I am utterly amazed at Punkin? Who'da thunk that she'd find inspiration and begin learning everything ON HER OWN? Ha!


In your writing center are:

markers
pencils
pens
paint
paintbrushes
crayons
alphabet stickers
glue
tape
a ruler
construction paper
blank page notebook
lined page notebook
preschool-lined on bottom half, blank on top half notebook (I think they call it a story notebook)
paper roll.

I can't wait to get started on the next center! I'm thinking a reading center.

No comments:

Post a Comment