Search This Blog

Friday, September 2, 2011

Managing our busy life

I get asked a lot how I manage to go to school, raise you girls and do all the other stuff we do. Well, today seems to be a slower than usual day (or I'm running faster than usual due to all the coffee I drank this morning), so I'll explain.

I am a firm believer in doing chores. So, our morning goes something like this: change (and bathe babies) and feed everyone, read my bible, make beds, unload the dishwasher, put a load of laundry in, briefly clean bathrooms, exercise, then shower and/or bathe Punkin (usually babies eat while Punkin and I exercise, then fall asleep, giving us time to shower). This takes until around 10:30, depending on the day. Around 12, we all have lunch. At 12:30, Punkin watches cartoons and I put the babies to sleep. You all usually sleep until around 2:30. During that time, I fold laundry and do homework. Computer time is usually interspersed throughout the day, mostly when I get tired of working. I try to limit it to ten minutes at a time, tho, or I'll get behind. In the afternoon, we go to the store as needed, pick up the house, make dinner and load dishes. At night, we eat dinner at 6:30, change into  jammies and feed babies around 7:00, put babies down at 7:30 and put Punkin down at 8:00. We wake up around 6:30-7:00 and start all over.

It's really not that hard. We're pretty scheduled, tho. You go to sleep faster when you know what to expect. While I'm working around the house, the babies will roll around on the floor and Punkin will play with whatever school project I put out that day. A lot of things we will do outside, such as eat breakfast or lunch, read the bible or I do my homework (if it doesn't need exclusive attention on my part). A lot of those things, like cleaning the bathroom or picking up the house, go super quickly when I do them every day, leaving us with time to explore outside or go to the Apex to swim or play.

Anyways, that's how your days go, girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment