Search This Blog

Saturday, September 17, 2011

punkin boston cream pie!

We went to this great little bakery the other day that has all of these fantastic little pastries, The Rhinelander Bakery in old town Arvada. They have beautiful cakes in a display case, with a door where the customer can open it and take one out to pay for. In that display case, they had a Boston cream pie with fondant poured over it, among many fantastic and pricey cakes, along with plastic "Happy Birthday" cake toppers surrounding the cakes. I'm not sure if you can see this one coming or not, but, let me tell you, I was blindsided, as was grandma! As we longingly gazed at the pastries, Punkin, you were busy sticking those cake toppers right into that beautiful fondant so that they were sticking into the cake by the letter "y." Fortunately, they didn't make us buy the cake, but were able to pour a little more fondant over the holes. I told you that we don't decorate other peoples' cakes, but couldn't really punish you, as I always let you decorate our cakes at home. You were upset, anyways, as you always are when you see that panicked look on my face, so I think that was punishment enough. We bought a mocha cream horn and a cookie, as well as drinks and sat out in the wonderful fall air to eat them. All in all, it was pretty funny, even right when you did it. I'm just glad they didn't make me buy the cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment